[Gvsig_english] availabity of gvsig on ubuntu releases

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui at gva.es
Mon Mar 6 16:30:04 CET 2006

Hi Jacques,
Jacques Paré wrote:

> Hi  all
>
> Sometimes ago i read on the gvsig usuarios forum that the development
> team was wiling to make gvsig available for  ubuntu distribution.
>
> However they said they did no how to do it.
>
> Has the development team received an answer?

No, we have received any offer for collaborating doing this
ubuntu/debian packaging job, but we have recently incorporated a new
developper to owr team with experience in debian packaging, and we're
studying how and when start to release gvSIG on his own debian
repository, as .deb, of course. Nevermind any help on this issue will be
welcomed.

> If not there is a spanish community of ubuntu user's here is their
> site address www.ubuntu-es.org .
>
> I'm willing to ask the french speaking ubuntu forum if you do not have
> an answer.
> Please advise

Thanks for you interest

    Luis

--
  Luis W. Sevilla
  Responsable de desarrollo gvSIG en la / gvSIG development Chief at