[Gvsig_english] Re: Gvsig_internacional Digest, Vol 23, Issue 18

Andrea Peri andrea.peri at regione.toscana.it
Mon Dec 24 13:12:21 CET 2007

Hi,

You can use USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA joined with all_tables and with
Because of course sometime the table cannot be register on user_sdo_geom_table

select
	a.table_name,
	b.column_name,
	b.data_type
from
	all_tables a,
	all_tab_columns b,
	user_sdo_geom_metadata c
where
	a.status='VALID'
	and
	a.dropped='NO'
	and
	instr(a.table_name,'$')=0
	and
	a.owner='S3DUMP'
	and
	a.table_name = b.table_name
	and
	( b.data_type='SDO_GEOMETRY' OR b.data_type='SDO_TOPO_GEOMETRY' )
	and
	c.table_name = a.table_name

Another two suggestions:

Is useful to have even a textarea to write a specific sql query to do somethink on the fly.

And I notice when the rendering is choose to do a simbology on all distincts values of a field,
gvSIG start to find the unique values, like with a shapefile looping on all the values.
But on a DBMS this is a slow operation (more than a shapefile).
So I think is better to do a
"select distinct ..." when the layer is on a DB.

Best Regards,

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:02:32 +0100, gvsig_internacional-request at runas.cap.gva.es wrote:

>We thought about the possibility of ignoring the XXX_SDO_GEOM_METADATA and finding out by other means which tables have geometries, but I think
it's a non-standard behavior and adds some risks (will it take very long? what is the full extent of the geometries of that table?)