[Gvsig_english] chinese font problem

Francisco José fpenarru at iver.es
Mon Jan 29 09:09:50 CET 2007

Hi Mess.

You are quite right, actually we aren't able to deal with chinese in
those situations.

About dbf, there is already an open door to solve this issue. If you can
hire some programmer, or you know a bit of java, have a look into
DbaseFileWriterNIO class (setCharset function). This function is called
when you use setCharsetForWriting function of ShpWriter class.

Anyway, we can open this issue as a bug, and try to solve it in next
version of gvSIG. If you need it as soon as possible and wants a patch,
please, send us a mail to see how can we help each other.

Thanks for trying gvSIG, and have fun.