[Gvsig_english] udig

Cory Horner chorner at refractions.net
Thu Jun 14 21:59:44 CEST 2007

Marcel St-Germain wrote:
> Hi, about "competition" with udig, I contact them about collaboration
> with gvsig project.
>
> They are interested.  If I remember the big point to iron out was the
> type of licence for the two projects who differs.  They tell me that
> they will contact gvsig project.
>
> I do not know if that occur....???
>
> Each project have their goals.  why reinvent the well if joint
> development could be made.  Wait and see.

Hi Marcel,

I haven't seen any discussion about this on the uDig list -- I think all
that happened was an informal chat at the FOSS4G conference.

As a result of your mail, we brought up this topic in our weekly uDig
meeting:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10099

I've also added a skeleton page on the OSGeo wiki, since OpenJUMP has
been talking to GeoTools as well about collaboration:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Java_GIS_Collaboration

The natural point of sharing between these projects is GeoAPI and
GeoTools.  So let's talk.

Cheers,
Cory.

---