[Gvsig_english] About ascii GRID

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui at gva.es
Tue Oct 23 09:58:26 CEST 2007

Hi Erwan!
    long time without earing about you!
erwan bocher wrote:

>Hi and Hola,
>
>It seems it's possible to open asc grid with gvSIG using "Add image
>file". Maybe it's a GDAL secret.

Well, it isn't really a secret, but a 'collateral dammage' ;-). As tif
supports DEMs and grids, it has been always possible to open this kind
of data on gvSIG. Now with sextante+ more raster development the range
of image/grid file formats is increasing. I think it's documented on
gvSIG handbook, but maybe it should be more explicit on the application.
We'll look for inprove it on the future.

greetings
    Luis

--
  Luis W. Sevilla
  Responsable de desarrollo gvSIG en la / gvSIG development Chief at