[Gvsig_english] Raster line join

Howard Webb webb.howard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 00:14:25 CEST 2007

Re:CAD Remove-Add JOIN

   - gfSIG 1.1 Build 1015
   - Running on Windows XP
   - Java 1.5.0_01
   - Raster Pilot build 6

Having tried other FOOS GIS programs, I have to say that gvSIG is easier to
use (at least with the data I have available).  I appreciate the work that
has gone into this.

However, I am having a problem with the CAD Join extension, working with
polylines.  After selecting two lines and selecting "End", only 1 out of 6
tries works  (output to the command stack).  When it does work ("Remove-Add
JOIN …" output to the command stack), the results are not what I would
expect.  Sometimes it acts as if the final points of each line are deleted,
and at other times an unselected line is merged in.  For example, I have
four points and three lines (A-B, B-C and C-D).  I try to join A-B and B-C,
but the result is two lines A-C and B-C (with C-D being lost).

Either I do not understand the intention (or proper usage) of this
extension, or there may be a bug here.  Is anybody else having strange
behavior?

Regards,

Howard Webb