[Gvsig_english] Raster attribute tables

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 14:32:28 CEST 2008

Hi Jordi,

I have Sextante installed. The data I have represent California
vegetation. It is currently in Grid format. Regardless of which *.adf
file I load into gvSIG, all I get is the raster image with no associated
attributes (vegetation types such as "mixed chaparral" or "coastal
scrub", vegetation height, etc.). I tried exporting the data in ArcGIS
to jpeg and Geotiff. In those formats ESRI uses a DBF table to hold the
attributes (since rasters can only truly have one column of data).
Regardless, when I load the data from any of those types into ArcGIS, I
am given the option to view the raster data's attributes just the same
as if it were a vector file. In gvSIG, I can not find an option to
associate the DBF table with the raster... I do not see it in Sextante
either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Marcus