[Gvsig_english] Some questions regarding printing

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Fri Aug 1 14:52:05 CEST 2008

Hello Rory, list,
well sorry. This map was made using ArcView 3.2. Most of the layers were given
to us from the local survey department. Especially the street names layer an
the point symbols were ready-to-use (all characters of the names are polygons
and symbols consist of line features).
But still - it is our big goal to make all this in gvSIG, too. Creating a
mapfile for this is already nearly possible using the marvellous publish
extension (many thanks to its developer, Jose Vicente!).
And the printing... I am optimistic. As said before, the first thing will be
to collect all the wishes of the users. to keep on testing and try to find
alternative ways to be able to cope with lack of functionality in the mean
time....

Best regards,
Wolfgang

---------