[Gvsig_english] gvsig mobile

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Aug 6 17:55:37 CEST 2008

Hello, Charlotte,

Sun's open-source alternative to IBM J9 is called phoneME. The project itself is still immature in my opinion, but Davy Preuveneers has created CAB installation files which include the personal profile packages:

http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~davy/phoneme/downloads.htm
(Windows Mobile 5 - phoneME Advanced - Personal Profile)

gvSIG Mobile can be run on phoneME. The problem is that phoneME does not behave exactly like J9, so some things do not work, because the first release of gvSIG Mobile is intended to be run on IBM J9.

This is the command you have to use to run gvSIG Mobile on phoneME, after you have executed both CAB files (gvSIG Mobile + phoneME):

\phoneme\personal\bin\cvm.exe -Xmx8m -Xbootclasspath/a:\gvSIGMobile\boot\boot.jar -cp "\gvSIGMobile\class\all.jar" -Djava.library.path="\gvSIGMobile\lib" es.prodevelop.gvsig.mobile.app.Launcher language=es path="\gvSIGMobile"

I think future versions of gvSIG Mobile will run properly both on J9 and phoneME.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68