[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile: GPS Alerts when reaching POIs

Javier Carrasco jcarrasco at prodevelop.es
Wed Aug 27 16:49:26 CEST 2008

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for choosing gvSIG Mobile to develop with. This functionallity is already planned for a future version in the next year. Of course you can develop your own modifications of gvSIG Mobile and distribute it if you can`t wait.

The class MapControl is now getting the GPS position everytime it changes, please have a look at it.
If you want a class to receive this information too, this class has to implement GPSRelevantEventsListener interface and subscribe to the GPSEvents.

  GPSManager gpsManager = GPSManager.getGPSManager();
  gpsManager.addGPSRelevantEventsListener(this);

The method gpsNewPosition(double longitude, double latitude) will receive the new coordinates everytime position changes.

Please post more news about your project to this list,
Javi