[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.1.2 running on Mac PPCs

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Wed Aug 27 18:19:42 CEST 2008

There is a hack to run the 1.1.2 version of gvSIG in Power PC computers. It haven't been
tested this much, so maybe you will find further problems that I did.
The hack consist, first, in removing the org.gvsig.crs folder from its path

gvSIG1.1.2mobilesextante.app/Contents/Resources/gvSIG/gvSIG\ 1.1.2\ build\
1045.app/Contents/Resources/Java/gvSIG/extensiones/org.gvsig.crs

Yo can do it by yourself (do a fresh install of gvSIG 1.1 and update to 1.12, first):
right click show package contents
open Contents
open Resources
open gvSIG
again, right click show package contents
open Contents
open Resources
open gvSIG
open extensiones
delete the folder org.gvsig.crs

or from a terminal
open gvSIG1.1.2mobilesextante.app/Contents/Resources/gvSIG/gvSIG\ 1.1.2\ build\
1045.app/Contents/Resources/Java/gvSIG/extensiones
delete the folder org.gvsig.crs

or from the terminal
rm -r gvSIG1.1.2mobilesextante.app/Contents/Resources/gvSIG/gvSIG\ 1.1.2\ build\
1045.app/Contents/Resources/Java/gvSIG/extensiones/org.gvsig.crs

By removing this extension you will miss some functionalities related to it, like
combining different CRS in the same view or checking out some web services. For that you
can use the 1.0.2 version

In case this is a bit confusing, I've an installer with the most current version of
SEXTANTE and the gvSIGmobile export extension.
Obviously all the above means that you're at your own risk, but I will say it deserves a try
This readme and the installer can be found at
http://gvsigmac.blogspot.com/2008/08/gvsig-112-running-on-mac-ppcs.html
More at
http://gvsigmac.blogspot.com/
http://www.sextantegis.com/