[Gvsig_english] gvSIG for forest GIS

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui at gva.es
Mon Feb 25 17:36:06 CET 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 25-Feb-08, at 4:03 AM, Rafhael Bussolo da Silva wrote:
>
>> I would like to contact somebody that are using gvSIG how a forest
>> GIS solution (blocks and farms identification, inventory, roads
>> planning, maps delivery (labeling), harvesting process and other
>> things).
>>
>> Anybody knows who are using or cases in forest industry?
>>

> I would be interested in meeting anyone doing this too.  Forestry GIS
> is my career background.

SEXTANTE [1] its beind developed at Escuela de Ingeniería Técnica
Forestal. right now its a quite strong add-on to gvSIG with 200+ raster
and vector analysis, but started as a Forestry and Hidrologic GIS
project. His main developer is Victor Olaya, and he answers messages in
this list from time to time

Greetings
    Luis

[1] http://www.sextantegis.com/en/AcercaDe.htm