[Gvsig_english] gvsig and postgis / polygon creation

Johannes Sommer johann.online at gmx.de
Wed Jan 9 09:04:36 CET 2008

Hi again!
Sorry for my late reply and thanks for the suggestions.

Francisco José Peñarrubia schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> 1.- Please, use MULTIPOLYGON or GEOMETRY as geotype.
So when I'm using gvsig and postgis I have to change my geotype
constraints to the common "GEOMETRY"? And what about "MULTIPOLYGON"?
I think these geotype constraints are important due to data integrity.
Is this a workaround at the moment and will gvsig support more
postgis-geotypes  in the future?

> 2.- Use polyline and right click when you want to close your polygon.
>
> Hope this helps.
Yes I noticed this before - but it raised the same exception because
obviously gvsig tries to save this "polygon" as polyline.

greetings,
Johannes Sommer