[Gvsig_english] labeling

pvmstg pvmstg at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:47:34 CET 2008

Hi,

For labeling adjustment what I had in mind is something like Wolfgag
said.  Betwen automatic labeling and annotation.  In arcmap with and
extension, you can move a label from it's position.  The advantage of
it it's that if the lable change often to represent the data, making
a manual positioning save time since, you do not have to make each
time a new annotation.  When genereting the lable, the software take
in account, the exception of the manualy position label and use them
in priority...

For below,  avl just, as I know, give the symbology for one shape.
lyr in the basic is the same.  But what is more very more pratical is
the use of a group layering.  Maybe and exemple will be more easy to
understand since my english is not so good.

You have 3 shapes.  road, hydroline, and hydroarea.  With avl you
will have road.avl, hydroline.avl and hydroarea.avl  With lyr you can
do the same road.lyr hydroline.lyr and hydroarea.lyr.  So if you load
by exemple road.shp you can import road.lyr to apply the symbology.

Since data have the same structure for a giving place, you can go a
step furter by putting the road.lyr in each of the data directory (in
the creation of lyr you need to be in relative path).  By exemple put
one in 31g15 the other in 31j03 etc.  By having in each folder the
same data name road.shp, you can then just take road.lyr and it's
load automaticly the road.shp and apply the symbology.  Not having to
apply it manualy.

That good but, more easy. If you have symbology type for a project.
Instead of making and lyr by shape.  You select the shape you whant
like in my exemple road, hydroline and hydroarea and save a layerfile
like projectX.lyr.  In this case instead of having to deal with 3
symbology you only have one to take care for that type of project.

Then you can copy that layerfile to an other data folder and, just
3 shapes with the 3 symbology apply.  That's save time.

Marcel

ps thanks for your work....