[Gvsig_english] Some questions regarding printing

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 25 15:25:32 CEST 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

I agree with all your last tips.

Certainly, ps and svg formats would be the best options.
For instance, I drew myself many North Arrows and I saved them in the svg format with Inkscape.
At
present, when you save them as pdf in gvSIG they lose their "quality"
(I suspect they are transformed from a vector format to a raster one).
Obviously, the jpeg format is not the best option to print an excellent map ;-)

Regarding
the ps format in a previous mail in this mailing list you explained us
you couldn't use it succesfully with Scribus and this  is really a pity
because Scribus is, in my view,  the best pubblishing software in the
open source arena.

In an Italian mailing list, an user claimed
the pdfs exported with gvSIG were not handled succesfully with
Inkscape. (the 0.46 version has added this option).
On the other
hand, the same guy wrote he could import into Inkscape quite well the
pdf exported with QuantumGis. I don't know if this is true but, maybe,
this is another aspect to analyse.

Best regards and thanks a lot for all your suggestion.

Silvio

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l'home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina