[Gvsig_english] question regarding high-quality printouts

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Tue May 13 20:50:31 CEST 2008

Hi list,
gvSIG is already a very comfortable tool for editing and viewing
GIS-data and you can create print-outs very quick. For me, the new
question and challange is to produce high-quality print-outs or files
which are suitble for printing houses. The latter normally depend on
special files, such as pdf/x-3 or pdf/x1a. I know that there are other
OSS software like the DTP program scribus. The question now is:
is it planned or foreseen to allow users to produce such
print-house-enabled files within gvSIG? Or: is there anyone who already
did something similar? It would be also ok to export data (let's say an
image or a map) out of gvSIG and import it into a DTP program. Of
course, also legends should be exportable.

This is thrilling, isn't it?
Wolfgang