[Gvsig_english] gvSIG's videos

Manuel Madrid madrid_man at gva.es
Wed May 14 20:58:44 CEST 2008

Hello silvio and all.

silvio grosso escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I found on Internet (youTube) many videos about gvSIG.
> The link is:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=ODYr7AH0a-Q&feature=related
>
> I really appreciated them even tough some of them are
> only in Spanish with a Spanish interface.
> In some cases, their resolution is a bit low, as usual
> with YouTube's videos :-)

We are now studing the best way to do it. We know the resolution is not
good enough to read the texts. We are evaluating other websites.

As well, we want to make videos in english.

> On the gvSIG's site I didn't find any link to them (I
> only checked in the courses and tutorials link).
> Nevertheless, I do think some of them have been
> created by gvSIG's developers.

You are right ;-)
First we uploaded the videos. Now we must put the links in the gvSIG
website. That's a pending task.

> Are they "official" videos?

The videos uploaded by us are those that we show at the 3rd gvSIG
conference. So yes, they are official videos.

> Most important, is it possible to have some of them
> directly in the gvSIG's site on Internet, in the
> future, with a better resolution?

We hope so, as I say. This is our intention.

> Maybe only some of them to save space on the server
> :-)
>
> The best, as a stranger (I am an Italian) would be to
> have them in English with the gvSIG's interface in
> English as well.
> Maybe, my wish is a little bit difficult to answer
> because all the developers speak Spanish.
> Besides, gvSIG is developed in Spain for a Spanish
> customers.
> Maybe, an option could be to insert a subtitle in
> English in order to make everybody happy :-)

Of course now the majority of the gvSIG developers are Spanish but gvSIG
is not developed for Spanish customers only. Otherwise, Why this list?
We really want to make a universal GIS software. In that way, we want to
  make as more documentation in English as we could. Even videos.

In the other hand, this is a open source project so feel free to make
videos in English or to translate some user documentation to English.
We´ll appreciate any kind of contribution.

> I do think videos are the best way to learn a
> software.

I agree with you.

> Arcgis has wonderful tutorials on-line.
> For instance,you can have a look at:
> http://www.esri.com/flashmedia/usability/usability_enhancements_all/usability_enhancements.html
> Qgis has some cool videos too (the link is
> http://qgis.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=89&Itemid=77).
>
> In my opinion, the more gvSIG is documented, the more
> its future will be bright.

Of course. You can be sure that's our intention.

> Best regards and keep up the wonderful work
>
> All the best
>
> Silvio

Thank you very much.
Regards,