[Gvsig_english] gvSIG-Wiki on osgeo???

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 4 11:58:00 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

The wiki idea is very good.
The written tutorials are easy to create (the pdf format should be good).
In my opinion it would be really handy to have the opportunity to have some free space
on some server to load some screencast about gvSIG.
For sextante there are already many videos (in Spanish language). The link is: http://www.sextantegis.com/video.htm
It would be really helpful to have some good videos for gvSIG too.

Every user could shoot a short screencast about gvSIG in its own language.
Me, for example, I could create a screencast in the Italian language.
Obviously, We must decide the format for the video (Avi, flv etc.) and other things concerning the video quality.

We could use Camstudio for shooting the video (it is opensource and works on Windows). The link is: http://camstudio.org/
For Linux users I could recommend Recordmydesktop

Audacity is good for handling the audio (it works on Windows, Linux, Mac).
The link is: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Virtualdub for handling the video. The link is:http://www.virtualdub.org/
For Linux user I could recommend Avidemux (it works on Windows too). The link is: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

I know we could use YouTube but, in my opinion, this option is not good.
At present, there already many videos concerning gvSIG on YouTube.
Unfortunately, on youTube the Menus concerning the softwares are hardly readable. This is really a pity for explaining a software!
I thought about doing a video and put it in Showmedo (http://showmedo.com/).
Unfortunately, for using showmedo, you must speak in English and my pronunciation is too "Italian" :-)

Best regards

Silvio

Am Dienstag 04 November 2008 09:10:53 schrieb Miguel Montesinos:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Of course it's possible. Any OSGeo registered user can use its wiki, if
> so, please add [[Category:gvSIG]] at the end of the page, so that it can
> easily be found and related to other pages.
>
> Some talks have been made about the chance of offering an official wiki
> using gvSIG infrastructure. If the community thinks it would be useful,
> please let us know.
>
> Regards,

> Miguel Montesinos
> CTO
> PRODEVELOP, S.L.
> mmontesinos [at] prodevelop [dot] es
> www.prodevelop.es

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo