[Gvsig_english] gdal and grass driver

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 17:27:02 CET 2008

Dear list, I would like to understand a bit more the driver support
available in Gvsig. I know that the Raster Pilot plugin allows to
access many formats, but is it based on gdal bindings or it uses
native methods to deal with them? Until the latest stable version the
filebrowser window, opened to add layer,s shows GRASS Image between
the available extensions (but I've never been able to see correctly
the loaded layer... just a big black square). In the 2.0 preview that
choice doesn't appear, but I could see the rasters inside cellhd
listed as generic Raster Image extension... anyway I receive error
when I try to open a cellhd file.
So, in sinthesys, what relation is there between Gvsig "core", Raster
Pilot plugin, GDAL and Grass format? And should be expected from the
new 2.0 release?

Thanks a lot,
Giovanni