[Gvsig_english] Creating density raster/isolines out of point layer

Da Kn davkprivat at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:44:27 CEST 2008

Hi community,

I'm trying to create a density map/visualization out of an .shp point file.
The result should be as in this image:
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=Understanding_density_analysis
I have no weight, time or other such parameters in my data, except the
spatial data in a Gauss-Krüger projection.
S EXTANTE got a kernel density but it isn't working for me. When I use the
tool on my data, there only appears some kind of spotlight white in the
center and getting darker to the edges, but this isn't representing my
density at all. And most of the time the density rastermap isn't appearing
at all.
Have you already got this problem? Is there a solution? After having the
kernel density raster map, i probably could vectorize it, getting polylines
which i could transform into polygons and so visualizing the density on some
clean vector layer.
Or are there even easier ways to get such a result?
I would be so thankful for some suggestions!! thanks for reading.

greetings and thanks davk