[Gvsig_english] Creating density raster/isolines out of point layer

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 18:36:27 CEST 2008

> ite this probably. If I want my
> PC to do this anyhow, it isn't even really starting calculating. But with
> the sample data it worked, and created 1 Cell / 50m². Do you have any idea
> how I could manage this?

Have you tried saving the result straight into a raster file instead of
a temporary layer?

> raster map, I have to work with transperency, because even the areas
> wie minimal density would be shown, no?

You can use per-pixel transparency to make the areas of lowest density
transparent.

> So is it possible to convert the density
> raster map into polylines first, then delete the polylines which I'm
> not interested in beeing shown(the minimal density "white space"), and
> then convert the remaining isolines into polygones and filling it with
> colors equivalent to their density value. This is sounding very complex, i
> know.
> But can I realize it by combining some tools from S EXTANTE?
> Anyway thanks a lot for your answer Benjamin.

Generate contour lines for the densities you are interested in, then
convert them to polygons (may take some manual editing).

Ben