[Gvsig_english] Creating density raster/isolines out of point layer

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 13:35:14 CEST 2008

The lat-long system makes calculating basic geometric properties like
"area" hard, because the simple assumptions of cartesian space do not
hold and everything must be based on the much more complex geodetic
distance. In addition, you have non-intuitive effects such as
wrap-around to consider.

For that reason, many analytical GIS modules won't work on lat-long
data.

Blame Earth for her weird shape.

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES