[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile

Javier Carrasco jcarrasco at prodevelop.es
Thu Oct 30 15:20:20 CET 2008

Hello,

The Road Map is very outdated and we have not released yet a newer one. I just can advance you that a new release will be launched this november with basic vectorial editing, custom forms, GML, KML, GPX and export functions.

We don't have any plans for propietary GPS protocols, if you want to develop this drivers it could be useful for the project.

The active developpers right now are:

- Juan Lucas Dominguez (PRODEVELOP)
- Carlos Sanchez (PRODEVELOP)
- Jorge Sanz (PRODEVELOP)
- Vicente Sanjaime (PRODEVELOP)
- Miguel Montesinos (PRODEVELOP)
- Javi Carrasco (PRODEVELOP)
- Alberto Romeu (PRODEVELOP)
- Juan Guillermo Jordan (LISSIT)
- Manuel Planells (LISSIT)
- Eustaquio Vercher (IVER)
- Vicente Caballero (IVER)

Pressing "X" doesn't close the application, but just minimize it (is the default behaviour in Pocket PCs). If you start gvSIG Mobile again, you will recover it just as you left it. Would you like gvSIG Mobile to ask before minimizing?

Of course, you can open Shapefiles stored in the storage card. Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN1AMYr7NgI to see how to do it. Have you found the small button on the top-right corner? It shows a small help window with some information about what every button do.

We are working on an english manual but not in a german one. Fortunatelly there are language files to translate the application into german. Translating the manual into german could be a very good opportunity to support the project too.

What do you exactly mean by rough DTM modeling with GPS?

We want gvSIG Mobile to be able to log all the RAW data from location devices. It currently logs NMEA traces, you can do it from the GPS console.

Regards
Javi