[Gvsig_english] French help for GvSIG

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri Dec 4 01:03:24 CET 2009

Fabian,

I understand what you are saying.

My understanding is that although the program is released as open source
the actual variation released by Generalitat Valenciana is covered by
copyright.

This means, at least in Australia, that I must get permission to make
images of the logo and software. Although under fair use provisions
under the copyright act I can extract some images for review and
criticism. Copying most, if not all dialogs, may not be considered fair use.

I always find it useful to ask and get permission.

I have actually done this over the last few days, on this list, but no
one has replied. I have a desire to prepare some tutorials relevant to
Australia and would like permission to present various dialogs, like you
have done so well, in my documents. So far no one has answered.
Probably;y because gvSIG is actively working on a English manual themselves.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.