[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Windows 7

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun Dec 6 15:48:55 CET 2009

Hello Lars,

Lars-Göran Edholm wrote:
> I tried to run gvsig in Windows 7 but every time I open an raster image gvsig crashes.
>I tried with various versions of Java and different modes in Windows 7, XP mode Windows 2000 etc but nothing helps

This is really bady news :-(

It is really a pity gvSIG doesn't work on Windows 7 in Xp mode (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx).
At home, I run gvSIG 1.9 on Windows xp professional (sp2),  installed through Virtualbox, and gvSIG works like a charm in this Virtual system.

What version of gvSIG did you try?
What version of Windows 7 did you try?
What's the problem?
Most of all, can you send to this list the log file regarding the crash?
Maybe it is a Microsoft's problem, in that the Xp mode is not yet "bug-free".
I have read the Xp mode, on Windows 7, was a bit "buggy" until the very release of the stable version (on October, 22).

Unfortunately, Windows 7 is not fully supported by gvSIG's developers.
Nonetheless, any feedback is really appreciated :-)

Thanks a lot for reporting these problems.

Best regards,

Silvio