[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Windows 7

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Mon Dec 7 10:51:56 CET 2009

Benjamin Ducke ha scritto:
> My guess is, the problem is not any Java code but
> the few pieces of native C code that reside in
> wrapped C interfaces such as GDAL and are called via
> JNI. So updating those C libraries and relinking them
> under Windows 7 could solve the problem.

Ben,
I'm agree with you about this...

> I could not find any notes on GDAL and Windows 7,
> but it seems there were some problems with Vista
> and GDAL 1.6.0:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org/msg01533.html

These problems were solved including the required VC9 DLLs and
repackaging GDAL 1.6.0 with the VC9 manifest [1]. So GDAL 1.6.0 [2]
should work fine on MS>=Vista.

> Currently, gvSIG 1.9 uses GDAL 1.5, so this is where I
> would look first. However, this is just a guess. Maybe
> GDAL is not even the real culprit here!

Dependency Walker [3] on jgdal092.dll returns that there are some
unsatisfied dependencies on Vista and so on..., so I think that this is
probably the main issue. However, I'm not a C/C++ developer...

Best regards,
Antonio

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org/msg01538.html
[2] http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/1.6/gdalwin32exe160.zip