[Gvsig_english] Feedback on tools in gvSIG v 1.9

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 12:28:28 CET 2009

Hi Simon,

I agree regarding UI ergonomics:

* For tools that take one input layer: active layer should be default.
* For tools that take several layers: selected layers should be default.
* Also, locations for files to be exported should by default
be in the "Project files" directory, as set in the program preferences.

For faster joins, try the OA Digital version of gvSIG 1.9. It has the
"Join" action in the layer context menu and will default to the active
layer as source table. That should save you a few mouse clicks, which
can make a big difference if you need to join a lot of data.

Ben