[Gvsig_english] Overlaying NASA satellite photos with Geoscience Australia shp data

Javier Galán galan_javsan at gva.es
Thu Feb 12 09:13:48 CET 2009

Hi Bruce:

I didn't experience that problem with the 1.9 build 1226.

Could you try something? Put your view in one of the reference systems
that the WMS gives you the images (4326, 42003 if I'm not wrong) and
then add your SHP files using the transformation than better fits to
your area.

May be the problem is related to jCRS, but I'm not sure cause I'm not
sure to reproduce exactly what it's happening to you.

I hope I would be useful

Regards.

Greening, Bruce wrote:

> I am trying to use build 1226.
>
> Using the stable version I add a layer using NASA satellite photo (I
> use projection info 32650) and overlay SHP files from Geoscience
> Australia using GDA94
>
> This works fine.
>
> When I try to do the same using build 1226 I get a series of errors
> that I cannot stop continually coming up – They refer to the
> projection coordinate operation error and WGS84
>
> Is this a bug?
>
> ______________________________________
> Bruce L Greening
>
> Project Manager
> National Services Rail Team Leader (Perth)
>
> PB
>
> 1 Alvan Street
>
> PO Box 1232
>
> Subiaco WA 6904
>
> AUSTRALIA
>
> Direct: +61(0)8 9489 9756
> Mobile: +61(0)415 513 622
> Fax: +61(0)8 9380 4060
> Email: bgreening at pb.com.au
>
> www.pbworld.com
>
> ___________________________
> NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may
> contain confidential information for
> the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use,
> disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration,
> dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please
> notify the sender immediately by replying to
> this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail
> system and destroy any printed copies.

Javier Galán Sánchez
Proyecto gvSIG
Consellería de Infraestructuras y Transportes (GVA)
Valencia (España)