[Gvsig_english] Question about the new Junta de Castilla y Leòn extensions for gvSIG 1.1.2

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 24 10:58:24 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I installed on my computer the new extensions developed by the gvSIG's team for the Junta de Castilla y Leòn (Spain).

The link to take a look at them is:
http://www.jcyl.es/scsiau/Satellite/up/es/MedioAmbiente/Page/PlantillaN3/1234257445088/_/_/_?asm=jcyl&paginaNavegacion=&seccion=

At present these extensions work only on windows xp or Linux:  sorry for Mac users :-(
Most of the windows' menu are in Spanish.
The recommended version for gvSIG is the 1.1.2.
The pdf manual regarding the extensions is really complete and it is available only in Spanish. As a consequence, it is better to know a bit of Spanish before installing them :-)

I read these extensions are going to be included in the upcoming gvSIG 2 release or, maybe, in a future gvSIG 1.1.3 version.

My question is: are those extensions ready for a "production use" or is it better to wait to have them already installed in the upcoming gvSIG 2 release?
On my personal computer with windows xp home edtion (sp2) they "seem" to work fine but I didn't test them a lot :-(
At present, I am not sure whether or not I can install them at work :-)

Best regards,

Silvio

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail.yahoo.com/