[Gvsig_english] OSG Virtual Planets, the core of gvSIG3D.

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:09:00 CET 2009

Hi Luca,

gvSIG usually has a logging system incorporated. OSG Virtual Planets only
throws exceptions when exists any problem and is catched by gvSIG, so if any
problem is detected should be on the logs.

On Linux systems log is in /home/user/gvSIG/gvSIG.log

On Windows I think is in C:\Documents and Settings\user\gvSIG\gvSIG.log but
not really sure, maybe other gvSIG developers could help you.

OSG Virtual Planets is the core of the 3D system, the problem you reported
problably is that your card is really old, but I'm not sure, that's why I
should read the generated log.

One requirement is to have an OpenGL 1.5 video card (recommended OpenGL
2.0).

Anyway if you want to download OSG Virtual Planets independently,go to
downloads section in gvsig-commons of osgvp[1]. If you download the binary
package for your platform there is a run-Examples.bat where you could test
the library.

[1] https://gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-commons/osgvp/downloads

Rafa.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Luca Manganelli <
luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:

> [...]

Rafael Gaitán Linares
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial  http://www.ai2.upv.es
Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación