[Gvsig_english] NavTable 0.2.2: problem on windows xp with the

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Thu Jun 4 20:42:23 CEST 2009

Sal and others,
NavTable works nice and easy. The answer to your question is not but I support your suggestion.
Currently you can do in three steps:
1) CyL extension to add x and y (even z) to the points layer.
2) NavTable to edit the coordinates.
3) New attribute layer with the corrected coordinates.
It will be really cool if you can graphically move the point to the new location from NavTable.
Agustin
> Hello Juan,
>
>  I haven't used Nav Table as yet, but after looking at its web link, I have one simple question. The image in the link
of its interface is presumably for a polygon, but if the layer chosen is a point layer, does it include coordinates and
can these be edited, thereby allowing the repositioning of points?
+1

> Also, when i do get around to installing it, i hope I don't have the same problem as Silvio.
>
>  Regards
>
>  Sal Garfi

requeriments. If gvSIG was already installed... JAI library must be also installed.

>   Anyway, we will take  a look to that installer.
>
>   Best regards,
>   Nacho
>

>   2009/6/3 silvio grosso <grossosilvio at yahoo.it>
>
>     Hello everybody,
>
>     First of all thanks a lot for this new great extension.
>
>     Unfortunately, I had a problem trying to install it on Windows xp home
>     edition (sp2) where I am using currently gvSIG 1.1.2 (both of them working
>     fine so far).
>
>     More precisely, after downloading the .EXE installer for NavTable 0.22 (windows version) I have launched it.
>     I confirmed to check the application requirement.
>     I confirmed to download the JAI (the 1.5 version). This was strange because I know I have already the Java machine
for gvSIG...
>     At this point, after few seconds, a new windows pops up with an error message.
>     As a result, I had to shut down the installation because there was no way to go any further.
>     I tried many times to no avail.
>     I attached as jpeg a screenshot about this error (navtable_error_setup.jpg)
>
>     As I was too curious to test the extension I followed another method.
>     In short, I have download the binaries, I decomprimed them and pasted in the extensions folder of gvSIG 1.1.2.
>     Following this different way everything works fine and I am using the navtable without problems.
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Silvio

>   --
>   Juan Ignacio Varela García (Nacho Uve)
>   Coordinador Grupo de Desarrollo
>   Cartolab - Laboratorio de Ingeniería Cartográfica
>   http://www.cartolab.es
>
>   ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
>   Universidade da Coruña
>   Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
>   (34)981167000 ext. 5493

Dr. Agustín Diez Castillo
Departament de Prehistòria i Arqueologia
Phone:   +34 963 86 42 42
Avda. Blasco Ibañez, 28   Fax:      +34 963 86 42 34
València 46010