[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 on netbook (atom CPU)?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun Jun 7 18:09:08 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

1) I would like to know if someone has installed gvSIG on a netbook (with an Atom Cpu)?
I am interested particularly in the netbooks which have the  Linux version (not those with Windows xp or Vista).
For instance, the Dell inspiron mini 9 (its web-page is: http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=netbook+ubuntu&cat=all&x=0&y=0).
On this netbook I would like to run the Ubuntu Version (http://www.canonical.com/projects/ubuntu/unr).

2) Is gvSIG fast enough (the usual RAM for netbook is 1 gb DDR 2 of memory)?

3) Is it possible to install the extensions of gvSIG?
At this regards, for example, I am not sure about the 3-D pilot given the fact the video card, on netbooks,  is integrated on the mother-board.
Maybe, this is a problem for this particular extension (sorry for the dumb question)?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Silvio