[Gvsig_english] join tables::many to one relationship

Francisco José Peñarrubia fjp at scolab.es
Wed May 13 12:33:01 CEST 2009

Hi Wolfgang.

I was thinking about this e-mail and I realized that when you say a M:1
join, maybe you mean something as a Lookup table. For example, I may
have a field with many records with 0, some others with 1, others with
2... etc.
And another table (lookup table) with the description of this 0, 1 and
2, let's say for example ALL DIRECTIONS (ALL), FROM NodeA to NodeB (FT)
and REVERSE DIRECTION (TF).

I have done the JOIN and it works, but I agree that we must to fix many
things (for example, size of buttons and better field management => in
my case, the link works because both fields are integers).

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Fran.