[Gvsig_english] never ending story: gvSIG and german umlauts

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed May 13 15:10:32 CEST 2009

Hi list,
again a comment on gvSIG and german umlauts: when creating a new shapefile in
gvSIG, still, the field calculator cannot be used to add german umlauts. I do
not really understand this. Maybe someone of you has an answer for this.
I installed the extension extShalom and defined the font encoding for another
table that was stored as iso 8859-1in calc (used CP1252 within the extShalom
dialogue), but still, the field calculator just created little squares
instead of the desired umlauts. BTW, I had some problems during editing-mode
(the shapefile could not be closed) which did not come up before the
installation of this extension.

Best,
Wolfgang