[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9: ecw raster file crashes gvSIG

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 23 16:59:22 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I get a crash trying to open into gvSIG 1.9 an ECW raster file.
I am working with gvSIG 1.9 on Windows 2000 professional (sp4).
This crash occurs with the 1.9 version but not with the previous version of gvSIG (that it, the 1.1.2) where the same ECW raster file works fine.

This bug is quite annoying because I can't find a way to close the window reporting this bug.
For example, when I try to close this window by clicking on Close (X icon) the same message appears every time: "Can´t read the driver: Error al asignar la vista en el draw".
In the end, I delete the raster from the gvSIG's View in order to go on working.

I have attached the log file (gvSIG_log_ecw_raster_bug.txt).

Best regards,

Silvio