[Gvsig_english] Availability of English manual for gvSIG?

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Nov 26 23:35:39 CET 2009

Mario,

Unfortunately I do not know Spanish, so I can't translate.

I am however quite happy to copy edit any documents that you may have
that are in English.

I would also think it would be a priority to provide an English version
of the online manual for the new features in gvSIG 1.9, with the ensuing
fully comprehensive version made available as soon as practical afterwards.

Which brings me to the fact that you have successfully dodged the
comment regarding Google Translate. Why can't you use this tool to
create a first draft from the raw Spanish Text, then have your teams
proof read the resulting text. I have checked the Google Terms of Use
and it does not appear prohibitive. Is there something that I am missing
here in being able to use this tool?

*ENGLISH TO SPANISH*

Lamentablemente no sé español, así que no puedo traducir.

Sin embargo, estoy muy contento de copiar editar los documentos que
usted puede tener que son en Inglés.

También me parece que sería una prioridad para ofrecer una versión en
Inglés del manual en línea para las nuevas características en gvSIG 1.9,
con la versión posterior a todo riesgo disponible tan pronto como sea
posible después.

Lo que me lleva al hecho de que ya ha evitado el comentario acerca de
Google Translate. ¿Por qué no se puede utilizar esta herramienta para
crear un primer borrador del Texto crudo español, y luego tener a sus
equipos a prueba de leer el texto resultante. He comprobado las
Condiciones de uso de Google y no parece prohibitivo. ¿Hay algo que me
falta aquí, en poder utilizar esta herramienta?

*AND BACK AGAIN [incorrect translation | original]*

Unfortunately I do not know Spanish, so I can not translate.

[However, I am | I am however] very happy to copy edit [the | any]
documents you may [need | have that] are in English.

I would also think it would be a priority to provide an English version
of the online manual for the new features in gvSIG 1.9, with the ensuing
fully comprehensive version made available as soon as practical afterwards.

I [also | would also] think it would be a priority to provide an English
version of the online manual for the new features in gvSIG 1.9 with the
[later | ensuing fully comprehensive] version [available to any risk |
made available] as soon as possible [thereafter | afterwards].

Which brings me to the fact that you have successfully dodged the
comment regarding Google Translate. Why can't you use this tool to
create a first draft from the raw Spanish Text, then have your teams
proof read the resulting text. I have checked the Google Terms of Use
and it does not appear prohibitive. Is there something that I am missing
here in being able to use this tool?

Which brings me to the fact that [it has avoided | you have successfully
dodged the] comment about Google Translate. Why [can not | can't you]
use this tool to create a first draft [of Spanish raw text, then have to
test their equipment to read the resulting text | from the raw Spanish
Text, then have your teams proof read the resulting text]. I have
checked the Google Terms of use and [it] does not seem prohibitive. Is
there something I'm missing here in [order to use this tool | being able
to use this tool]?

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd