[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.1.2 and 1.9 (1245): Can't load postgis-layer

Vladimir Peric vladimir.peric at beogis.com
Tue Oct 13 10:10:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

I had the same problem and here is what solved the problem in my case. In
order GvSig to recognize the table as a layer candidate, there should exist
a table in PostreSQL, named *geometry_columns*. For each table in the
database that has a geometry column, a corresponding row in the table *
geometry_columns* should be present. The row in this table can be manually
added if needed.

Hope this will help.

Cheers,
Vladimir

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Johannes Valenta <spatialjoe at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Virginia,
> thank you for responding. I am not able to choose the geometry column
> within the listbox - it just stays blank. That's the problem.
> What could be the reason?
> Best,
>
> Johannes
>
> 2009/10/13 virginia morales segura <morales_vir at gva.es>
>
> Hi Johannes,
>>
>> you must can to choose your geometry column at listbox of geometry. If
>> you say that you have the column type geometry, you should choose it.
>> Can you send us the layer that goes wrong.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> Johannes Valenta escribió:
>>  > Hi list,
>> >
>> > today I encountered a strange phenomenon. I tried to load a
>> > postgis-layer into projects of both versions (1.1.2, 1.9 build1245)
>> > which did not work.
>> > In both versions the geometry column would not show up in the
>> > corresponding field although I registered the layer in the "geometry
>> > columns" table in postgis as usual.
>> > All other layers within my database work fine.
>> > These are the columns of my layer:
>> >   pid integer,
>> >   highway text,
>> >   tracktype text,
>> >   label3 text,
>> >   belag numeric,
>> >   wegbreite numeric,
>> >   landnutz numeric,
>> >   length double precision,
>> >   the_geom geometry,
>> >   summe integer,
>> >   pid1 serial NOT NULL
>> >
>> > Exporting the layer from postgis to shp and adding it to gvSIG works
>> > (so I obviously did not mess up the geometry type).
>> > Any ideas /hints?
>> >
>> > Best,
>> >
>> > Johannes

Vladimir Perić
General Manager
BEOGIS d.o.o. Beograd
Milutina Milankovića 130/109, Novi Beograd

mob:   +381642040889
tel:      +381112122810
mail:    vladimir.peric at beogis.com
skype: vlada.peric