[Gvsig_english] PAL community platform and extJPAL

Olivier ERTZ olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch
Fri Oct 23 16:22:11 CEST 2009

Dear all,
we are pleased to announce the start of PAL community platform and we
invite you to visit http://pal.heig-vd.ch. Currently, there is an
experimental release of extJPAL for gvSIG 1.x < 1.9
(https://gvsig.org/plugins/downloads/pal-automated-placement-of-labels)
providing label placement functionnalities thanks to PAL library
(notice, QGIS is also using it, and an integration for MapWindow is in
progress).

We take benefit of this announcement for a calling to people interested
in the creation of a new extension for the gvSIG >= 1.9. Rightly, major
focuses of the community platform is to federate and bring together
forces to maintain the library, offer support for new integrations and
follow innovative new developments in the field of labeling through PAL
opensource library. Currently, a stable release of PAL automated label
placement library is available, and the source code can be downloaded
from the website. Also a start of documentation is ready to help new
integrations and developements on the core library. A Trac instance and
mailing-list were setup to manage the project
(http://geosysin.iict.ch/pal-trac).

If you plan a new PAL integration for gvSIG, feel free to join the
mailing-list to get help, post your questions, needs, comments and ideas
(http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pal-developer).

Best regards,

Olivier Ertz <olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch>
PAL initial team project member

--
HEIG-VD, University Of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
IICT, Institute for Information and Communication Technologies
olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch
+41 24 55 77570
-> http://www.heig-vd.ch
-> http://geosysin.iict.ch