[Gvsig_english] Error loading a big oracle spatial layer

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Apr 22 10:54:27 CEST 2010

Hello, Wolfgang.

Sorry, I think there is a bug in the Oracle Spatial driver. I need to know the structure of the geometry the driver has been unable to read, so could you please do this test?

- Close gvSIG if it's running.

- Download this file and unzip it somewhere in your computer:

http://www.prodevelop.es/files/fm/public/downloads/oracle_test_jar.zip

- In your installation of gvSIG 1.9, rename the files 'oracle_spatial.jar' like this:

Rename:

.../ gvSIG_1.9 / bin / gvSIG / extensiones / com.iver.cit.gvsig / drivers / jdbc_spatial / oracle_spatial.jar
.../ gvSIG_1.9 / bin / gvSIG / extensiones / com.iver.cit.gvsig / lib / oracle_spatial.jar

to:

.../ gvSIG_1.9 / bin / gvSIG / extensiones / com.iver.cit.gvsig / drivers / jdbc_spatial / oracle_spatial.jar.old
.../ gvSIG_1.9 / bin / gvSIG / extensiones / com.iver.cit.gvsig / lib / oracle_spatial.jar.old

(or move them to a temporary folder)

- Copy the file 'oracle_spatial.jar' contained in the zip file to those two folders (yes, the same file in two folders)

- Delete all the gvSIG log files:

C:\Documents and settings\<user>\gvSIG\*log*
or
$HOME/gvSIG/*log*

- Start gvSIG and try the Oracle Spatial table that caused the problem (this time, the geometries of interest should not be painted, and will be described in the log file)

- Close gvSIG and send the new log files in a zip file

C:\Documents and settings\<user>\gvSIG\*log*
or
$HOME/gvSIG/*log*

You can finally restore the .old files. Perhaps you can do this test in a spare computer, so we can repeat them until we find the solution.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)