[Gvsig_english] [Gvsig-english] Zonal Stats

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 18 10:24:09 CET 2010

Il 18/01/2010 10.00, Nicolas DEVAUX ha scritto:
> Antonio Falciano a écrit :
>> Il 14/01/2010 17.39, Nicolas DEVAUX ha scritto:
>>> GvSIG 1.9
>>> Sextante
>>
>> what version of Sextante are you using? 0.3 or 0.5?
>>
>>> Ubuntu 9.10
>>>
>>> Hello list,
>>> I tried to make a zonal stats (zones defined by vector polygons and
>>> value extract from a grid). For that I'm using Sextant tool : *Tools
>>> for polygon layer/Grid statistics in polygons
>>> *I have each time an error message : java.lang.NullPoinerException
>>>
>>> I used an Integer Raster in Tif format, but I'm surprise that this
>>> algorithm doesn't ask anything about vector attribute field to use in
>>> order to identity individual polygon for zonal stats...
>>
>> "The output layer is identical to the input polygons layer, but contains
>> new fields in its attributes table, corresponding to each of the input
>> raster layers. For each raster layer, the following fields are added:
>> mean
>> variance
>> minimum value
>> maximum value" (source: help of Sextante)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Antonio
>>
> Hi, I'm using sextante version 0.3
> Where can I get the 0.5 version ?

Nicolas,
you can find Sextante 0.5 here:
http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?Downloads&id=13&type=g

> If on the Grid stats command window I specify that output vector layer
> is the same than the input vector layer, I steal have the same error...
> Does somebody can help me on this topic by telling me if this tool has a
> reported bug, or if it has already work properly (to know if I should
> keep looking to find a solution).

You can report errors on Sextante bug tracking system:
http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=13&atid=372
or in Sextante user mailing list:

> You're talking about sextante help, where did you get it, because the
> one install in gvSIG is very short ???

Sextante help is contained in the same Sextante installation, however
there is a trick to access it: duplicate
gvSIG_1.9\bin\gvSIG\extensiones\sextante_help\en folder and rename it as
"fr". Restart gvSIG and Sextante help would work properly. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano