[Gvsig_english] JNI bindings and system binaries

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Mon Jan 18 16:42:04 CET 2010

Ben and others,

> Dear all,
>
> I am currently looking into how to compile binaries and JNI
> wrappers for platform-dependent binaries (GDAL,PROJ.4, etc.).
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. I am a bit unsure whether to use the JNI bindings from
> trunk or the 3D extension' versions. Are those version
> going to be merged into trunk again sometime soon?
> Does the current trunk version already support GDAL 1.6.3?
>
> 2. What's in the "libjni-addo" project? The same bindings
> also seem to be in "libjni-gdal/main/java/org/addo"?
>
> 2. If I look into ""libjni-gdal/main/java/org/gvsig/jogr", I see
> OGR vector data driver functions in there. Is this what
> gvSIG currently uses to manage shapefiles? Or is this just
> some experimental code?
>
> 3. The compilation instructions for jgdal, jmrsid etc.state
> that Visual C is needed on Linux.
> Is that because the native libraries  were also compiled
> using Visual C? Or is there another reason?
> I am asking because I'd like to compile everything with MinGW.
> If I have to use Visual C: which version and is there a free
> version available?
>
> 4. Regarding Mac OS X, I noticed that there are some Mac specific
> projects in trunk: libjni-gdal-macosx, libjni-mrsid-macosx, ...
> Are those still needed on the Mac?
mrsid and ecw are not working on gvSIG 1.9 3D so you can skip them for the time being. I will be great if you can
compile them for the mac. Nevertheless the working mac version [1] seems to be using gdalframeworks and there are gdal
plugins for both ecw and mrsid [2].
Keep in mind that there are redundant libraries when installing sextante 0.5 in gvSIG+3D-1_9_0-1253mac-macosx-i586.
[1] ftp://downloads.gvsig.org/pub/gvSIG-desktop/devel/gvSIG-1_9/ext/3D/11/gvSIG+3D-1_9_0-1253mac-macosx-i586.dmg
[2] http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks

> Any help will be much appreciated!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ben
>

> ------
> Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document Format). If you have difficulty opening
them, please visit http://iso26300.info for more information.

Dr. Agustín Diez Castillo
Departament de Prehistòria i Arqueologia
Phone:   +34 963 86 42 42
Avda. Blasco Ibañez, 28   Fax:      +34 963 86 42 34
València 46010