[Gvsig_english] [Sextante-users] gvSIG bindings (nightly build)

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 28 09:52:49 CET 2010

Il 28/01/2010 7.46, Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry the previous post successfully installed Sextante 0.5 on gvSIG
> using JRE6 :-) .

Hi Simon,
I'm happy to see that you did it successfully! ;) Congrats for your
detailed explanation (...more than mine!). The whole procedure is a good
sample tutorial which could be written in the Community documentation
space on gvgig.org [1]. I'm sure that this could be useful for other
users who want to test the new Sextante 0.5 capabilities right now.
In the meanwhile, I hope that Sextante installer issues will be solved
very soon, because this procedure is quite tricky.
An helpful alternative is to install Sextante 0.5 directly on gvSIG OADE
2010, as Victor Olaya suggested.

Cheers,
Antonio

PS: Simon and I have done a lot of cross-posting these days...
Excuse us all!

[1] https://gvsig.org/web/projects/contrib/community-doc

> On 28/01/2010 5:44 PM, Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) wrote:
>> Antonio,
>>
>> This is what I did STEP-BY-STEP...
>>
>>     1. Uninstalled anything with JAVA in the title  from the 'Add and
>>        remove programs" section of the Windows XP Control Panel. This
>>        included JRE, JAI and various updates. I also removed gvSIG.
>>     2. Went to the JAVA Download page
>>        (http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp), downloaded
>>        "jre-6u18-windows-i586-iftw-rv.exe" and ran the installer.
>>     3. Downloaded
>>        http://download.java.net/media/jai/builds/release/1_1_3/jai-1_1_3-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe
>>        and ran installer.
>>     4. Downloaded
>>        http://download.java.net/media/jai-imageio/builds/release/1.1/jai_imageio-1_1-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe
>>        and ran installer.
>>     5. Delete "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\msvcr71.dll". The system
>>        only allowed this after using "unlocker"
>>        (http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/) to unlock the file.
>>     6. Installed gvSIG again (get file from homepage). When asked, I
>>        declined the installer option to check prerequisites. The next
>>        screen asked for the location of the JavaVM and I pointed it at
>>        "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\java.exe". The program installs
>>        and runs OK.
>>
>> Then to get Sextante installed, I did...
>>
>>     1. Run the official installer of Sextante 0.5 downloaded from here
>>        http://forge.osor.eu/frs/download.php/831/sextante_gvsig_installer_en-0.5.jar
>>     2. Following this overwrite all the files contained in
>>        es.unex.sextante folder with the files in the zip
>>        http://www.unex.es/eweb/sextantegis/sextante.zip
>>     3. Then delete the file jts_1.9.jar file.
>>
>> Cheers Simon
>>
>> Simon Cropper
>> Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
>> PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.
>> P: 9311 5822. M: 041 830 3437.
>> mailto: scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
>> <mailto:scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au>
>> web: www.botanicusaustralia.com.au<http://www.botanicusaustralia.com.au>
>>

>> On 22/01/2010 8:44 PM, Antonio Falciano wrote:

>>> Simon,
>>> I'm sorry about this... it probably depends by the JRE version you are
>>> using. As you can see, Victor Olaya recommends using gvSIG OADE 2010,
>>> because it comes with a bundle JRE 1.6.0_17, which solves the problem
>>> and makes Sextante install less problematic.
>>> However, if you want to use Sextante on the official distribution of
>>> gvSIG 1.9, follow these steps:
>>> 1) uninstall gvSIG 1.9, JRE 1.5.0_12, JAI 1.1.3 and JAI Image I/O 1.1;
>>> 2) install JRE 1.6.0_17 [1], JAI 1.1.3 [2] and JAI Image I/O 1.1 [3];
>>> 3) install gvSIG 1.9 without prerequisites [4] (pointing to the new
>>> java.exe
>>> when the installer asks for prerequisites);
>>> 4) finally install Sextante 0.5, as before.
>>> The result is that installation of Sextante on gvSIG 1.9 is more tricky
>>> and time-consuming than using gvSIG OADE 2010.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Antonio
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.java.com/it/download/manual.jsp
>>> [2]