[Gvsig_english] POTENTIAL ERROR/BUG gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Image rewrites on ECW image reload

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Mon Jul 5 06:40:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

This behaviour has been noted before.

1. I have ~100 ECW tiles in a project.
2. On opening the project the selected area shows the first tile at the correct
scale.
3. After the writing to the screen the image disappears then reappears when
the next image is rendered. This continues until all images have been rendered
EVEN if they are not on the displayed area.
4. This leads to frustration while you wait for ~100 or so files to be
rendered.

This behaviour I have not noted before and may help isolate the problem and
represents a workaround.

5. In frustration I closed the View and grumbled to myself (you guys don't
have to do this)
6. I reluctantly opened the view again as I did not really have a choice. What
surprised me was that all the images in the view were rendered and no write-
rewrite / show-hide behaviour (point 1-4 above) was obvious.

SO

Opening a view with multiple ECW images, that can take minutes to load, can be
quickly opened by closing the view then reopening it immediately.

Who said patting you head and rubbing your stomach should not be a skill
taught to GIS professionals.

--

Cheers Simon
Simon Cropper