[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- "Line does not cross rectangle"

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Mon Jul 5 07:06:17 CEST 2010

On Friday 02 July 2010 18:16:20 Sergio Clark wrote:

> This grey box is the whole bounding box of the geometry. I've noticed it
> in polylines, where it helps you to know what is the complete bbox that
> you should cross completely in order to split the geometry, for example.

The box does not always appear. That's the point. What triggers the box
appearing and why?

For example I have edited a single polygon layer and made hundreds of changes
but the grey box only appears 3-4 times for no apparent reason. Most of the
time I zoom out to a scale that shows the box then cut the feature. The
problem is that at this broader scale fine scale editing is impossible.

> It doesn't work for you when crossing the bbox? You can try separating
> even more the starting and ending point of the splitting line, and tell
> us if it still doesn't work.

On a number of occasions I have problems even if I span the 'bbox'. I find that
changing the direction you cut a polygon can help. In other instances the GUI
just ignores you, in which case I usually try and export the file to a new
shapefile and see if that helps. Using the topology extension can also reveal
some unseen problems.

If all else fails I pat my head, rub my stomach and hop on one leg - sometimes
this helps.

--
Cheers Simon

	Simon Cropper