[Gvsig_english] Solution time.

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:46:06 CEST 2010

Hi all.

I want to point out 2 things related to this.

One: The lists are maintained by the community and surveyed by testers
and people from gvSIG projects. But the most important part is
"community". There is no obligation to answer questions or anything
else, people here is answering questions in his free time, or in time
that his company allow them to answer questions. If a solution comes
quickly (and right, because sometimes it maybe a poor solution), then
"kudos" to the people answering, and thanks from the whole commuty.
Besides that, if someone needs better support, there is professional
support that he can contract with any of the companies involved in this
project.

Two: If a new bug comes, there are people that will read the bug, and
decide IF this bug will be fixed for next release or not, depending on
the complexity and critical level of the bug. It the group that decides
this issue agree, then, a developer will be assigned. That means IF
someone is assigned to your ticket, then, the ticket will be solved in
next release. That said, the people involved in this decission is out
now. They are in Venezuela, in II Jornadas gvSIG Latinoamericanas, so...
more time.

I think this is something we can improve, we can add a new state to a
bug in order to let the people know that a bug is been studied.... but
maybe for next release. 1.10 is in stabilization period, and new
processes and bugs are difficult to put (because then, the release will
never come).

BTW: 1.10 will come because some companies decided to solve some
annoying bugs. gvSIG team opened a period where every company could
contribute the bugs that they were willing to fix, and most of this bugs
are already solved (thanks also to some contributors like Flavio, (M
support in shape files), many bugs fixed by Ben, or people in Iver,
Prodevelop or Scolab). New bugs are being considered, but will be
difficult to solve for this release (but I'm not deciding on this, is
just an opinion).

So, to finalize, thanks to all people in the list, keep contributing!!

Best regards.

Fran.