[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 and (default) font encoding: editing a layer's attributes will cause change of font-encoding. Status available?

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Fri Jun 18 15:38:24 CEST 2010

Dear list,
some months ago, I posted an issue regarding font encoding:
-->
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/gvSIG-1-9-and-font-encoding-issue-font-encoding-automatically-changed-td4393520.html
Although default font encoding can be set within the preferences
dialogue, editing a layer's attribute table will cause a change to
font-encoding of that layer to utf-8.
This bevhaviour was reported as a bug, but I do not know the status of
it. As all our data is stored in windows latin-1 (cp 1252), this bug is
quite annoying for us.
By the way, this change-of-encoding is _not visible_ within gvSIG. gvSIG
still displays all (german umlauts) correcltly. Only if you open the
dbf-file in another application (e.g. openoffice calc), you will
find out quickly that the encoding has changed. I consider this as a
severe issue. Therefore, I would be very very glad, if someone could
throw a glance on this.

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Qual

Landeshauptstadt München
Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Umweltschutz, Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11
Team Klimaschutz, Energie

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05
E-Mail:   wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Internet: http://www.muenchen.de/rgu

Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm