[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Can you automatically split a vector layer based on an attribute in a field?

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed May 5 10:38:42 CEST 2010

Il 05/05/2010 9.09, Benjamin Ducke ha scritto:
> SEXTANTE has a tool "Separate entities" in its vector
> layers toolbox that does exactly what you are looking for.

Hi all,
a good starting point could be using "Separate entities" tool in
SEXTANTE, however it's a bit buggy (see ticket 960 [1]). It
substantially explodes the input layer into N output layers, where N is
the number of features contained in the input layer, without taking in
count that there could be many features with the same field value.
Instead, I should use a batch file with ogr2ogr exploiting the -sql option.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1] http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=960

--