[Gvsig_english] joined tables and symbology for thematic mapping

Dietrich Schröder dietrich.schroeder at hft-stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 4 09:44:03 CET 2010

Dear List,

I am using the new 1.10 version on Windows and want to create some simple
thematic maps like population density for counties.
I have the county outlines in one layer, the statistic data in a csv-file.
So I loaded both and joined the two tables. Opening the attribute table all
looks well (by the way very good idea to have the possibility to set the
prefixes, such very nice naming of the joined table attributes!).
Now I want to map my data, but opening the layer properties on the symbols
tab Quantities only the attributes of the original table appear, but not the
attributes of the joined table.

Am I right that I have first to export the joined table? Or is there another
way to get the joined attributes for thematic mapping? By the way - in
exporting the table I will lose the nice attributes names...

Cheers,

Dietrich