[Gvsig_english] Loading DEM data - Beginner

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 17:25:45 CET 2010

The fact that the file selector for raster
data does not display ".grd" files can be
considered a "borderline bug", since .grd
is a common extension for Arc/Info ASCII grid
files, which are supported by gvSIG's GDAL
raster drivers:

  http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#AAIGrid

You could try changing the extension to something
that the file selector will display (but what?
.asc? .txt? not sure here).

Alternatively, if you have set up GRASS support
through SEXTANTE, you can use r.in.gdal to import
the .grd file.
In that case, you must make sure to enable lat-lon
support in the GRASS interface options.

Ben