[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile source, eclipse install + compare SVN <-> ZIP

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Oct 20 11:10:14 CEST 2010

Hello:

The workspace must look like the content of the zip file. In the SVN repository, folders are not all in the same folder, so when you do the checkout you have to select this and that keeping the CTRL key pressed for multi-selection. The folder libInternationalization is missing in the zip file, I don't know why. If you want to change its code, you'll have to do a checkout of it. If you don't want to change it's code, you can simply add the file \resources\jars\gvsig-i18n.jar wherever you need it.

(1) It should say use "JDK 1.4 or higher", so 1.6 is OK too, though in some cases you might need to change a certain line of code in libFMap (Curve.crossingForPoints(...), I think we have already commented this?)

(2) Compliance level must be set to 1.4 if you are building the binaries for a ARM device (PDA, smartphone, etc). If you target a x86 device (laptop, desktop, etc) then this is unimportant.

(3) Oko, yes, that's just a kind og 'refresh'

(4) Frankly, I don't know why this step is here. I don't think you need to do that.

(5) Clean deletes all .class files from the bin folders (Eclipse hides these to the user). In theory this should not be needed if you activate "Project - Build automatically" in the Eclipse menu, but it's better to explicitly delete them because sometimes Eclipse fails to do so. You can do 'cleaning' from time to time, especially if your are dealing with a lot of compilation errors. Those .class files are the ones that are zipped into the JAR files.

(6) The build.xml in appGvsigMobile creates the binaries (jar files) and copies resource files to the right place. You don't need to do this is you only want to run the app in Eclipse, but you have to do it to create the binaries, also if you are creating binaries to be run on the PC itself (without Eclipse).

(7) The parameter m=J9 looks strange but Ithink it's needed if running on a PC. The parameter l=es will ignore the appsettings file and use Spanish. You can remove it or use l=de aand see what happens.

Windows Mobile Emulator behaves exactly as the device it emulates, so you have to set compliance level to 1.4 in Eclipse, use "Run as > Ant build..." and choose "deploy for J9" or "deploy for phoneme" (depending on the JVM you have in the emulator), then go to the resources\cab folder and create the .cab installer, then copy that installer to the emulator and execute it. In the emulator settings there is an option to share a folder, which means that the selected folder in your PC will be seen as a "SD card" from the emulator.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)